Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Kouta MP3

August 9, 2005. London.

Late night. A helicopter is whizzing around above like mad. While it happens sometimes, I am never quite sure if its the police, the queen or BBC helicopters. But there is something disturbing about it.

I recorded one of the kouta pieces called 'Eng Kai Na' that I rehearsed for the Hiroshima event. For the curious, its now on-line here. Its a slow piece, and a kind of sad mood. But I think its evocative of some of the sounds of the shamisen. Its now on my sound page:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=42681

Lately, I have also been recording some live loop-based material playing layers of guitars and electronic drums into my Headrush delay/looping unit, and recording into my home computer. The live loops build and build, one layer at a time. I edited one, now entitled 'Green the Brook', to make 8 minutes into a more concise piece! But its all a single live improvisation.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home